The more reviews written up right when the book released, the better. Reviews are extremely important for buyer confidence, and book bloggers can give a book great exposure when they blog their reviews.
But as a nobody, unpublished, first-time author, how could I get reviewers interested in reading in reviewing my book? Well, I thought about it a lot, and I had a couple of revelations.
And those revelations led to over 130 reviewer requests
for an ARC of Pyxis - a debut, unknown book - over 3 weeks.
Those were REQUESTS - reviewers coming to me. I didn't have to solicit, email, beg, or plead. I actually ended up closing to requests earlier than I'd planned because I didn't want to hand out a bazillion ARCs.
I applied the same principles when I started recruiting bloggers for my blog tour. And I ended up with three or four times as many book bloggers volunteering to host tour stops than I'd planned for. What a nice problem to have! :)
StoneHouse University is hosting this webinar, and here are the things I'll be talking about:
• How to get bloggers to come to YOU for an ARC of your book
• Where to find blogs for your tour
• How to make your blog tour stand out from all the others
• More book blogger survey results - what book bloggers really want from authors
• What makes bloggers bump a book to the top of their TBR piles
• How to build great relationships with bloggers
• Helpful tools and widgets for promoting your tour and doing giveaways
• Detailed sample timelines for planning through follow-up
• The 1 thing that will make bloggers drop everything to help you (hint: it has nothing to do with your book)
• The 2 philosophies we use that get bloggers excited to work with us (regardless of whether they love the book we’re touring)
Here are the details - space is limited, so if you're interested don't wait to sign up!
Book Blog Tours Part 2: Advanced Tips and Tricks
Location: Online - just need an internet connection to attend
Format: Interactive webinar - you can live chat and ask questions during the presentation
Date and Time: Wednesday March 14 10:00 a.m. to noon (Mountain Time, MST)
Cost: US$50 for interactive live class, US$45 for video recording of the class
Topics We Will Cover: See list above
If you missed Part 1, 10 Steps to a Successful Book Blog Tour (the webinar above is Part 2), you can purchase a recording of it for $45 - just email Aaron at email@example.com. Part 1 is a great foundation for understanding how to plan, structure, and carry out a book blog tour. Here's what one attendee had to say about Part 1:
Feedback from Book Blog Tours Part 1: 10 Steps to a Successful Tour
“Just finished attending the Blog Tour webinar with Aaron Patterson and K.C. Neal presented by StoneHouse University. Sooooo worth the price of the ticket. Check it out at stonehouseink.net and link to their SH University page for future offerings. In this brave new world of digital EVERYthing, authors can’t afford to miss opportunities to learn from those more experienced in cybermarketing. Just plain brilliant.
Thanks, so much.”
—Sally J. Smith, Writer
Learn more about StoneHouse University