Wednesday, July 16, 2014

My New Office/Story Lab - Sneak Peek

I'm still putting the final touches on the redecoration of a spare room that will be the story lab (because "office" sounds stuffy and boring and not the kind of place where creative things happen!). I love the way it's coming together!


I didn't have a lot of funds to work with, so I only spent money on paint and painting supplies--I repainted the walls, trim, and a couple of pieces of furniture--and furnished the room by "shopping" from the rest of my house.


I used paint colors from the Martha Stewart line. I love the MS paint chips--when you flip them over, they all have coordinating colors. Idiot proof color design!


I sanded, primed and repainted this table (in Endive, the pale green in the paint chip pic above), which was the dining table at my family's cabin for almost 30 years.





I bought this awesome lamp last year, but hadn't found a good place to put it. It's perfect in this room.
The dog seems to approve!


No comments: