Monday, July 2, 2012

Update and utopYA Con

It's been a while since my last update, but LOTS of exciting things going on in the past few months! The highlights: I started a business, left the corporate world to write and work in publishing full-time, finished the first draft of Alight (Pyxis Book 2), and Pyxis got re-released with new cover. And the release of Alight is right around the corner. :)

Meet Me in Nashville!
I'm very excited that I'll be attending utopYA con in Nashville this week. If you're planning to go to this event, please look for me and introduce yourself! I am truly honored that Pyxis was nominated for 3 utopYA awards - Best Paranormal Romance YA Book of the Year, Best Editing, and Most Innovative Marketing. Many of my awesome author friends also were nominated for awards, too. I loved seeing so many familiar names on the ballot!

I'll be speaking on 2 panels at the convention - Query Letter Zone and From Fan to Famous! Reader Today, Author Tomorrow.

I think utopYA is going to be an amazing event, and I'm SO looking forward to meeting authors, book bloggers, and readers in person! There are so many I've known and chatted with online for well over a year, and it's been a little dream of mine to meet online friends IRL.

Thanks to all who have read Pyxis, recommended it to others, and for all of the ways you've supported me!

3 comments:

Veronica Sicoe said...

Congratulations on Pyxis, Kate! It looks like it took off pretty well, and sounds like an awesome story too! :)

K.C. Neal said...

Thank you, Veronica! :)

DMS said...

Wow! It sounds like things are going very well! Congrats on your book. I hope the conference went well. :)

~Jess
http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/